Social Venture Partners (SVP) has retained Wahl and Associates, LLC, a local search and consulting firm. We believe this collaboration will support our efforts to seek a diverse applicant pool and keep SVP’s efforts around diversity, equity and inclusion center stage.
VP of Operations and Finance
The VP of Operations and Finance (VPOF) plays a central leadership role in managing the daily operations of the organization. The VPOF serves as the central implementation strategist, bringing together the leadership, relationships, and structures that support effective action. The VPOF develops systems, guides collaboration, and wisely allocates resources to efficiently deliver SVP’s mission with excellence. The goals of this role are a high-functioning team who loves their work and works well together, a thriving organization that attracts partnerships and increasing investment, and increasing evidence of positive community impact and meaningful growth in the capacity of our partners to participate in social change.
The VPOF is accountable to and supported by the CEO with significant interaction with the Board of Directors. Success in this role is critical to our mission delivery system because SVP’s capacity to deliver impact depends upon our own organization being a model for collaboration across sectors to achieve community impact.
Strategy & Operations (50%)
- Partner with the CEO and Board on vision, strategy and business modeling.
- Lead strategy execution, operations, and financial management, including accountability for HR, organizational development, culture and partner experience.
- Actively define and nurture a culture of collaboration and mutual accountability among staff, engaged Partners, and Encore Fellows.
- Develop, advance and manage the operational, technology and financial systems needed to support SVP’s strategic objectives. These systems include operations management structures, finance, accounting, grants/contracts management & reporting, information technology, human resources and evaluation/accountability systems.
- Implement industry best practices for internal systems and needed resources, with an eye toward both future needs and budget realities.
- Support the organization’s strategic alliances and partnerships, as appropriate.
Financial and & Stewardship of Resources (25%)
- Ensure that operations are scalable and adequate funds are available to carry out our mission and adapt with resilience to changing internal and external conditions.
- Direct analysis and resulting decision making related to all financial reporting and forecasting. Direct budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with SVP‘s strategic plan.
- Supervise bookkeeping/accounting and HR personnel or contractors on day-to-day activities, ensuring adequate internal financial controls, systems and practices are up to date and in use.
- Ensure accounting functions are completed accurately and on time, including accounts payables, contributions/receivables, cash receipting, and payroll.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure the financial system is routinely reconciled with the donor management salesforce database. Develop reports and efficient processes for successfully managing partner receivables that ensure a positive partner experience and support organizational cash flow.
- Oversee development and maintenance of finance and personnel practices for banking, cash management, internal controls, compensation, and financial compliance. Ensure SVP is in compliance with all tax laws and filings.
- Act as the primary liaison to the Finance Committee, working closely with the committee to strengthen SVP’s financial position
Collaboration & HR Management (25%)
- Develop and steward a high-performing staff and positive culture that make SVP an ‘employer of choice’; develop structures and processes aimed at creating an inclusive, solutions-oriented, accountable team culture that fosters new and creative thinking.
- Institute appropriate performance management practices that align core job expectations, success criteria, professional development, and feedback opportunities.
- Work closely with CEO to steward the commitment and manage the engagement of SVP’s Board of Directors.
- Design and curate SVP’s information management systems for greater efficiency and knowledge management.
- Oversee employee benefits systems including benefits selection and administration.
- Update and evolve employee management practices including hiring, onboarding, offboarding and performance evaluation.
- Manage systems migration from Microsoft to Google. Ensure SVP’s “physical plant” and technology meets needs of staff.
- Supervise personnel, volunteers and vendors related to the position’s area of responsibility, including Development Director, Director of Learning & Equity, and bookkeeper.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com