During the sessions, you will:
- Pre-screen yourself the same way that landlords do
- Create a personalized plan to achieve a stable housing situation
- Plan a realistic household budget that makes paying the rent a priority
- Study sample rental agreements to understand common terms and expectations
- Understand the landlord's perspective on renting out property
- Learn how to move in (and move-out) the right way
- Learn simple steps to maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy home
Once you have completed the program assignments, you will have a renter's portfolio and a graduation certificate that you can show to prospective landlords. You will also be eligible for the Rent Well Landlord Guarantee: a type of "insurance" for landlords that encourages them to do business with you.
When: Every Wednesday
Aug. 19th, 2020 10am-1:45pm
Aug. 26th, 2020 10am-1:45pm
Sept. 2nd, 2020 10am-1:45pm
Sept. 9th, 2020 10am-1:45pm
To access the training you will need to have access to a computer/laptop with Internet, tablet, or smartphone. When you register for the classes you will need an active email address, and the link to the meeting will be sent to that email as confirmation to the class.
*Must attend ALL sessions to complete graduation.
Register today as space is limited.
Questions? Contact AFikes@ulpdx.org for more information.