The Urban League of Portland is proud to host the Rent Well Series
Rent Well is a short class that you can take to improve your “rent-ability.” In just 3 sessions of classroom time, you will learn how to establish a good relationship with your landlord from the start, and how to become a stable and successful renter – skills that will last you a lifetime.
During the program, you will:
- Pre-screen yourself the same way that landlords do
- Create a personalized plan to achieve a stable housing situation
- Plan a realistic household budget that makes paying the rent a priority
- Study sample rental agreements to understand common terms and expectations
- Understand the landlord’s perspective on renting out property
- Learn how to move in (and move-out) the right way
- Learn simple steps to maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy home
Once you have completed the program assignments, you will have a renter’s portfolio and a graduation certificate that you can show to prospective landlords. You will also be eligible for the Rent Well Landlord Guarantee: a type of “insurance” for landlords that encourages them to do business with you.
*Must attend all three sessions to complete graduation. Register for all sessions today as space is limited.
Date, Time and Registration
- March 4, 10 am-4 pm - Rent Well 2:
- March 11, 10 am-4 pm - Rent Well 3:
- March 18, 10 am-4 pm - Rent Well 4:
You can also contact us at 503-280-2600 ext 648 to sign up!