The Urban League has been able to serve, empower, and advocate for Oregonians since 1945 thanks in part to our committed team of community participants and volunteers. If you would like to support one of the leading voices for people of color in the region, please pledge your time or services to the Urban League. Volunteer your time as a fundraiser, designer, accountant, web developer, board member, or mentor to the Urban League. We also need people to help with administrative work, and people to help with events. Your time can be worth even more than money. We are actively seeking volunteers and participants for the following programs:
Looking for other ways to get involved?
- Become a member of the Urban League! Since 1945 the Urban League of Portland has been community supported by Oregonians from all walks of life. Urban League would never have been able to survive without the community’s support. Your membership and donations will help us keep doing needed work to serve and advocate for our community in the years to come.
- Attend one of our events!
- Call a friend and tell them about what the Urban League is doing. Word of mouth is the best way to spread the mission of the Urban League.
- Write a letter to the editor of the opinion section of your local paper to tell them about the importance of equality for all people in your community.
- Someone you know might enjoy or already loves the Multicultural Senior Center. Get them connected to the services our Senior Services program provides!
- Visit, sit and listen to an elderly neighbor, or come down to the Multicultural Senior Center to learn from our elders– listening is a gift.
- Change your will or insurance policy to benefit the Urban League.
- Serve on a city level or neighborhood council to help advocate for our community.
- Add a community service project for the Urban League to your conference or event.
- Ask people to make donations in your name rather than buying you presents for the holidays.