We push Oregon to be a more just and equitable place to live, work, and thrive. We are advocates and organizers. We are passing the torch to the next generation.
The Advocacy and Civic Engagement (ACE) department works to achieve policy and community change that advances equality, social and economic justice, and civil rights for African Americans and others in Oregon. Our commitment and responsibility are to have a broader view of all the issues that impact our communities, identify their root causes, and develop solutions informed by the community, which leads to systemic and sustainable change. ACE works to advance the League’s mission of economic empowerment and civil rights through building partnerships and coalitions, advocacy, outreach, civic engagement programs, community organizing, policy research and analysis, issue campaigns, and publications that elevate the issues of the community. Through our advocacy and civic engagement programs, we equip Black Oregonians with the tools to influence public policy and legislation. Our advocacy and civic engagement programs are proof that through skillful organizing, Black Oregonians influence public policy and legislation, and promote racial equity.
Advocacy and Civic Engagement Programming:
- Urban League for All of Us Community Conversations:
- Oregon & Southwest Washington -City/County specific related to important issues for each community
- Oregon Legislative Session:
- Legislative Days of Action
- Bill tracking & lobbying
- Legislator meetings
- Coalition building
- White papers
- Testimony training and action activities
- Please visit Congress Plus to find out what legislation the Urban League of Portland is working on and to find your elected officials based on your address.
- Social Justice and Civic Leadership:
- Testimony training and resources for civic engagement
- Public forums on important issues in our communities
- Government 101s:
- Oregon City/County specific
- Oregon City/County policy and budget tracking
- Candidate Forums
- Voter registration and resources
- Election Information
- Please visit Congress Plus to check your voter registration and the elections in your area.
Please reach out to ACE@ULPDX.ORG if you have any questions or comments.